1439 Annunciation street, NEW ORLEANS, LA
The two early 20th century residential structures at the corner of Euterpe and Annunciation Streets were constructed as two of three sister buildings. The restoration of these structures unfolded in several phases over a period of years beginning with the fire damaged corner building. Fire undermined the wood frame and extensively damaged the decorative millwork of this building. The work to this building included conversion to a duplex. The larger four-unit building was in a state of deterioration due to deferred maintenance. The substantial renovation of these buildings addressed building code issues for multi-family residential use and restoration of deteriorated or missing historic fabric to National Park Service standards for rehabilitation.